Open permanent position for a Senior engineer/researcher at NILU, Norway
27 June 2023
The Climate and Environmental Research Institute (NILU) is responsible for the Norwegian national monitoring program for greenhouse gases and particles. It carries out its measurements at its observatories at Zeppelin (Svalbard), Birkenes (Southern Norway) and Trollhaugen (Antarctica). NILU's measurements are part of international monitoring networks such as ICOS, AGAGE and ACTRIS.
NILU’s department for Measurement and Instrumentation Technology (MIT) is looking for a Senior engineer/researcher (permanent, full-time position) to become part of the team who operates, maintains, quality control and reports data from the instruments at its observatories.
Qualifications and personal characteristics:
- A researcher with a master or PhD degree.
- Expertise in measurement techniques such as gas chromatography, mass spectrometry and optical spectroscopy.
- Good competence in and enjoy practical work related to troubleshooting and service of simple and advanced instrumentation.
- Education in measurement technology, physics or chemistry
- Knowledge within electronics
- Experience in operating measuring instruments
- Experience in control of measurement data and quality systems
- Computer skills within Office 365 and systems for collecting and processing measurement data
- Good written and oral presentation skills in Norwegian and English
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Driver's license for a passenger car
Read more about the duties of the Senior engineer/researcher and apply for the job here.
The application deadline is 15 August 2023.
Questions about the position can be directed to department director Kjersti Tørnkvist, tel: 95 17 94 84 or senior scientist Chris Lunder, tel: 93 68 94 71.